Register for the 2017 Season!
Join us this year!
Registration for the 2018 season is open! The season will run from June through November 2018. If you are a new member, go to the Stoneledge Farm website, select New Member Registration and the Chelsea CSA location. Existing members can join using their existing username and password.
If you are interested in joining the CSA for the first time, be sure to read all the below membership information as well as the information about the CSA model and our organization. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about registration.
The Chelsea CSA is committed to being a mixed income CSA. This is accomplished through a three tiered membership structure in which people buy whole or half shares at Sponsor, Standard, and Discount levels. Prices for a Vegetable Share in the 2018 season are:
- Standard: $570 (less than $24 per week!) – This is the basic membership level
- Sponsor: $630 ($26 per week) – These shares help defer the cost of our discount program
- Discount: $420 ($17 per week) – Discount shares are available with documentation of any of the following: proof of residence at Elliott Chelsea Houses, food stamps (EBT), household income of less than $30,000, disability card, unemployment check, TANAF, or current AmeriCorps volunteers. Contact email@example.com to register for this kind of share.
In addition to a vegetable share, members may add one or more optional shares which are delivered to distribution with the vegetables. These shares can be added when registering for the vegetable share or can be added to your account later through the farm’s website.
- Fruit Share: Fruit season runs for 20 weeks, the fruit is not organic; however is provided by local farmers with low spray practices. A three tiered structure applies here as well: standard $270, sponsor $300, discount $210.
- Mushroom Share: The Mushroom Share is delivered every week, 24 deliveries, one variety of mushroom per week. The Mushrooms are raised naturally but are not certified organic. This is priced at $130.
- Coffee Share: A Coffee Share is a set number of pounds of coffee delivered monthly during the CSA season. All of the coffee is organic, fair trade, grown on small family coffee farms, and locally roasted before delivery. This is priced at $126.
Payment is made on the farm’s website with credit card or check, all at once or in installments. Payments are not refundable. EBT payments may be accepted.
Mandatory Work Hours
Chelsea CSA is a completely volunteer run program of Hudson Guild. A group of active members, called “The Core Group” coordinate membership, distribution, staffing/tracking, finances and newsletter production. All CSA members must complete mandatory work hours at distribution. Over the course of the season, members must commit to a total of 4 hours for a vegetable share and and additional 2 hours for a fruit share. Other ways to meet the requirement are: low income outreach, special event coordinator, farm trip organizer, potluck organizer and supporting community building efforts of Hudson Guild. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange alternative ways to meet this requirement.
Are half shares available?
In a typical season, a share is adequate for a family of 2-3 people, depending on the amount of vegetables in their diet. To accommodate members who want to receive a half share we will adopt the online registration procedure as described below.
Find a share partner and register together
Members will be responsible for finding their own share partners. When two people have agreed to be share partners, one will register as the primary shareholder, register for a sponsor, standard, or discount vegetable share and list the other as a share partner. There are several payment options online and the share partners will work out between themselves how to pay the farmer for their share(s). Share partners are also responsible for fulfilling the mandatory work hours associated with their share(s). If you cannot find as share partner, email us at email@example.com, we may be able to help.
Half shares at distribution
At distribution, the first share partner to arrive is responsible for dividing the share, labeling a bag with the second partner’s name, and leaving it at the sign-in desk.
In additional to season-long shares, as a member of the CSA you can special order honey, maple syrup, coffee and other products from the farm through the farm’s Marketplace. Also available through special order is meat, poultry, eggs, cheeses, and other products from a group of upstate farms.