Welcome to the 2018 Chelsea CSA season! This community is a wonderful group of engaged people and we are excited to start a new season. Stoneledge Farm is a truly inspiring place run by an amazing family, exactly where food should come from.
Our Lead Coordinator is Laura Cole, who together with other committed members of the core group, run the CSA. You can always contact us at email@example.com.
We’ll be using a distribution list to send around announcements, weekly share list, messages from the farm, volunteer updates, and other important updates. If there’s a person who you would like to have added to the list, just let us know. Please don’t reply all, instead please email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for all questions.
Distribution: Distribution occurs every Tuesday from 4pm – 7pm at the Hudson Guild Elliott Center (441 W. 26th Street between 9th and 10th avenues) from June through November (24 weeks)
This year the first distribution will be Tuesday June 5th. A few notes:
- We open for pick up right at 4pm and close right at 7pm
- Distribution happens right in the lobby. When you arrive, you’ll give your name to the person at the sign in table.
- Please bring your own bags to carry your veggies home. We do not provide bags.
- If you are unable to pick up your share a certain week, it’s fine to have someone pick up in your place. Just make sure they have all the necessary details and know to provide your name at sign in.
- When you arrive you’ll go down the row of crates and the amount to take will be noted on the front of the crate. While we all love veggies, we know everyone doesn’t love ALL veggies so at the end of the row there are swap boxes (one for half shares, one for full shares). Once you’ve picked up the whole share, you are welcome to swap something you don’t want for anything in the swap box (but no swapping of herbs).
- At the end of the day, all leftover produce is donated to a good cause. We cannot save your share if you are late or unable to pick up as we have no food storage facilities.
- Those with half shares please coordinate with your share partners in advance on how you want to handle pick up. Most partners do the following: At distribution, the first share partner to arrive is responsible for dividing the share, labeling a bag with the second partner’s name, and leaving it at the sign-in table for the second person to pick up.
Updates: All important communications will happen via email. We’ll be sending around a list of veggies a day or two prior to distribution via email. Other sources of farm news and recipes are our Facebook and Twitter pages, so join our community! The farm website also has good info and recipes.
Volunteering: As part of your CSA contract, you have committed to contribute a few mandatory work hours each season. It’s also a great way to meet other members and get cooking ideas. Most members fulfill their hours by working shifts at distribution. We use VolunteerSpot to manage shift registration. Details on this are available here. We also have a “Core Group” of dedicated members who run the CSA. We are looking for more help so email us if you want to get involved!
Farm Visit: The farm usually schedules one or two opportunities for members to visit the farm. More details will come once it’s confirmed, but we highly encourage everyone to take advantage of a wonderful opportunity to meet the farmer and see the beautiful place where your food is grown. There is sometimes a work trip early in the season and then a big trip in September.
Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns as they come up. We can’t wait for the season to start!
Laura & the Core Group